Dr. Russell walked in and looked over my chart and pulled up some of my info on the computer. He mentioned that I had some scarring on my cilia and he cleaned that up, too. He sounded hopeful that everything is good to go now. He took a brief moment to look over my past labs and basically said we have two options. One is to try naturally (without medical intervention) for a few months or two, an iui. Neither one would require any medication which made me happy.
Mike and I talked it out and are going to step away from the doctors office for a bit. The doctor did his job and now we are going to put faith into my body to do its job. And if we need to go back to the doctor, then we will.
The bills from the surgery have started hitting our account and wow, I am shocked and appalled at what is charged. We knew going in we would be paying up to our out of pocked maximum (which is stupidly high) but after everything is said and done, I personally, will hit my out of pocket maximum. So there's a little good with the bad.
As far as how I am doing 9 days post op.....
Well, good. My hand is still bruised from where my vein blew, my thigh is still sore from the phenergan shot, my belly button area is still super tender and pretty gross looking but as of today, I am finally free of all air bubbles. I was able to hold Nate again a couple days ago and it was the best feeling ever. I really missed cuddling with him while he gives me big hugs while laying his head on my shoulder.
So I'll leave you all with a few pics. The first of which is our newest family member "Bishy" and the ones following are of some post op pics. If you don't want to see pics of my bumps and bruises, I suggest you stop after the first pic.
Nate loves Bishy and kept saying "oh my gosh" as we were getting his new tank together.
My belly button the day before the stitches came out
Stitches are OUT!
And my bruised hand...and this puppy is sore
No comments:
Post a Comment