Monday, July 8, 2013

us, bw and iui?? say whaaaat?

For those of you unfamiliar with this lingo let me break it down for you.

Ultrasound, Blood work and Intrauterine Insemination.

 

So the follow pic was sent to me by a friend we vacationed with. She said we should have titled it "Danielle on Clomid" but after today I'd like to title it "Danielle during these intense and crazy ass 2 weeks"

photo (2)

Frazzled looking says it best thats for sure.

So today was my follow up us and bw to check on how my body responded to the Clomid. I woke up not expecting much at this appointment since it wasn't likely I would produce a quality egg. Before I went to the appt I checked my LH with an OPK and that baby was positive. To be positive the first line has to be as dark as or darker than the second one.

photo (3)

 

So, yea, I'd say that baby is positive.

 

So off to the doc I went.

The nurse there is phenomenal and we chatted a bit about the positive opk and then she did the US to check on my follicles. Right away I can see on the screen one big follie. She measure it and says its 21mm which means its a nice, big MATURE follicle. Then she checks my other side and sees another big follie. This one was 16mm. Both of these could rupture and cause two eggs to be released but I won't know. And let me tell you the achy ovaries that I am dealing with bc of these suckers. Anyway, I was so excited to know that my body responded to the Clomid fantastically. The nurse said she would check on my bw numbers and call me with the plan on when we would proceed with the iui.

About 1.5 hours later I get a phone call from the office. The nurse said they needed me back in the office within the hour because my numbers were high that I will be ovulating today.

Day 3 E2 Levels: 81.8......Day 12 E2 Levels: 1192!!! SAY WHAAATTT!

Day 3 LH Levels: 8.4.......Day 12 LH Levels: 67.9!!!

For reference: E2 levels should be 200-600 so considering mine were almost 1200 I'd say I have more than 1 follicle ready. And LH on surge day should range from 25-40. Since mine is 67.9, ovulation is looking like it's going to happen today. Thank you Clomid!

Thankfully I was able to work everything out and was headed back to the office by 10:30am awaiting my insemination. I dropped off the goods than waited around for about an hour until they called me back in the office. The actual process took 30 seconds and wasn't the nicest feeling in the world but I'm hoping that it will all be worth it.

So now....we wait.

This day made me frazzled to say the least. I started off my morning just hoping that my body responded to the meds and ended the morning with an insemination bc of some crazy high blood work numbers. Now, I have my fingers and toes crossed for good news in the next two weeks.

1

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment