Thursday, April 25, 2013

How to properly check your HPT

So after yesterday's post, I'm going to keep this post a bit lighter. Peeing on tests is a big part of trying to conceive. If you're not peeing on ovulation tests than its pregnancy tests.

So, after a years of peeing on pregnancy tests I can say I have perfected it art of it. One would say I'm a veteran.

I am here to give you the step by step process on how to properly check to see if your pregnancy test is positive.

Step 1: Pee on stick or pee in cup and dip stick in

Step 2: Watch test while pee is moving across test strip

Step 3: Stare at test for 5 minutes...or how ever long the allotted time frame is

Step 4: Take test in hand and hold it up closer to your face while trying to find the best light in the bathroom

Step 5: Take test out of bathroom and walk into 5 different rooms throughout your house all while trying to find the phantom second line

Step 6: Take multiple pics of test in different lights- with and without flash. Zoom in while twisting your phone in multiple directions looking for the second line

Step 7: Upload photo online and ask online ttc community their thoughts on your (lack of) "second" line all while saturating  and inverting said photo in photoshop

Step 8: Get mad that there is no second line and throw test out

Step 9: Dig test back out after 15 minutes to make sure nothing mysteriously developed

Step 10: Throw test back out

Step 11: Repeat step 9

Step 12: Repeat step 10

Step 13: Finally give up on the test

Step 14: A couple hours later convince yourself that since the test is dry you should check to make sure there is no second line on test

Step 15: Dig test out of trash and check

Step 16: Finally realize nothing is going to show up and throw test out for good

Step 17: Find solace in knowing the test is negative by peeing on another test and repeating steps 1-16.

20ef0b33692c1e70fb7db2cbbdfd229d

1 comment :

  1. OMG i love you! I totally do this! HAHAHAHA Also now, I sometimes think I see a 2nd line, damnit! I show hubby and looks at me like i am a freak....oh ttc i hate it!

    ReplyDelete