Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Bumps and Bruises but Still Holding on

::Yawwwnnnn::



I guess its time for an update, huh? Well up until today I didn't really have much to update about. Everyday it was the same song and dance. 7am blood draw and ultrasound. Afternoon phone call. Dinner time shots. Rinse and repeat.

Today I went in for my appt and things were looking much better. My follicles are finally plumping up. The nurse today counted 7 on my right and 3 on my left. Of those 10, 5 are measurable and more than likely mature.

Mid morning my phone rang a number I wasn't familiar with but I answered anyway. Good thing because it was Dr Bachman wanting to catch up with me. We talked about my fluid backup and what that means for the possibility of a fresh transfer. I told her that the only time I've ever had this pocket of fluid has been with the injectables. She agreed that its quite possible my body doesn't like the increased estrogen and its creating this pocket of fluid.

The temporary plan is to do the retrieval and then 5 days after I'll come back in to check on the fluid. If it's gone, we will do a fresh transfer that day. If it's still there I will freeze any eggs that are still growing at that point and do a natural FET (frozen embryo transfer) next month.

This wasn't what I had envisioned when I saw this cycle playing out but it seems like none of this has been.

The doc said that based on my e2 number and follicles she'd like to see me back in the office tomorrow morning for more monitoring and she is 80% sure she will have me trigger tomorrow night with a Saturday morning retrieval (and she happens to be the doc on call this weekend)l!! The end is near and I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. That leaves about 3 days for the smaller follicles to try and grow nice and big for me.

There was also talk of a second IVF cycle but I don't really want to go into that right now bc I feel like thats getting ahead of myself and this situation.

So anyway, we are almost there. Thank all things that are holy. I feel awful. I look awful. My emotions are ALL.OVER.THE.PLACE. I'm ready to go back to being the part time bitch and not the all the time bitch that I am now.


No comments:

Post a Comment