Short version of my fluid check....
Doc was stuck in emergency surgery so last minute Rhonda (nurse) came in to do my scan. It's immediately noticeable that the large patch of fluid that was there is now gone. Don't rejoice too loudly like I did in the office bc I have now developed 2 small areas of fluid in my lining.
She printed out the pics and told me that she would share them with the doc and then the doc would give me a call.
I pretty much spent all day preparing myself for the fact that we would be cancelling the transfer tomorrow and thats exactly what happened. The doc went over the facts with me, and while she didn't say that I *HAD* to cancel the transfer, she strongly advised it. She said that because we didn't know what the fluid was, we were not sure how it would affect the embryo. And would it be the best idea to risk placing your best embryo in an environment that it not 100% livable?
The plan is to stop all medicines that I'm on now and call the office when I get my period. We are planning a natural cycle FET (frozen embryo transfer). That basically means that we will not be priming my body with any meds next month. Because my body is predictable and I ovulate on my own, we will watch for signs of ovulation and then once I do, transfer the thawed embryo 5 days later.
Which brings me to my next point....frozen embryos. Well, tomorrow evening (before the office closes) I'll get a report on how many/if any embryos made it to the blastocyst stage. They will be freezing these embryos. They will continue to do this Friday and Saturday and hopefully we will get a few good looking blasts to freeze. That's what I'm hoping at least.
So tonight, I'm going to sit back, watch some Breaking Bad with Mike and enjoy a glass or two of wine. Something I haven't done since I started all of this. And hopefully I'll have a good blast report to write about in the next few days.

No comments:
Post a Comment